Silverfish Control Ipswich
Our buildings are ideal for silverfish because they provide shelter and food.
- Cause extensive damage.
- Ruin photos and books.
- Eat wallpaper and cotton.
Set up a guaranteed program to control silverfish in a building and its surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.
Silverfish are a type of fish-like insect that feed on organic materials. Silverfish have been known to infest homes, damaging materials like paper and books. Silverfish become a problem when they make their way into the home through cracks in the walls and holes in the roof.
The creatures can measure up to 1/2 inch long, and they’re flat, fish-like with no scales or hair. Their long antennae and long, three-pronged tail are other attributes that help to distinguish silverfish from other insects.
These insects eat a variety of organic matter. They like damp environments and thrive in humid places such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
Although these insects do not pose a serious threat to humans or pets, they can still make your life miserable by nibbling through books, wallpaper, or clothes. These insects can also cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to their scales.
As a result, many pests control companies like Savige Pest Control have continued to focus on silverfish control in Ipswich.
There is a misconception that silverfish live only in old houses, but these insects occur in new houses as well. They may enter houses through tiny cracks on the outside walls or through gaps around doors and windowsills. Once silverfish have entered a home, they reproduce rapidly, and without professional assistance from silverfish control in Ipswich, it can be difficult to control their spread.
Silverfish are wingless insects, around ½ inch long. They have a flattened, fish-like body that is covered with silvery scales. They are nocturnal creatures that hide during the day and come out only at night. If you find tiny holes in your fabric, it may be the work of silverfish. You may also find brownish stains on your clothes or paper products.
What attracts silverfish to your house?
Silverfish like dark, humid places such as basements, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and attics where they can hide easily in cracks and crevices. They feed on carbohydrates such as sugar and starch found in books and papers. They also like to feed on dead insects, glue from book bindings, and other natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, and silk.
If you have been dealing with silverfish infestation for some time now, then it will be easier for you to identify these pests. You may find them in the dark places of your home or even under the furniture.
However, if you are finding it difficult to identify them yourself then here are a few tips that you can follow:
- Look out for signs of damage: If you notice that your book collection has been damaged or holes have been made on the clothes, then it might be the work of silverfish.
- Look out for signs of feces: Silverfish leave brown stains all over the place they go. So if you notice a lot of brown stains in your house, then there is a possibility that it is a silverfish infestation.
- Look out for shed skins: If you see shed skins around your house or in one specific area.
It is crucial to keep a check on these insects as they can cause damage to clothes, paper products, and wallpaper. When that happens, it is best to seek professional help with silverfish control in Ipswich.
If you have noticed an increased number of silverfish in your home, it is acceptable to take some basic steps towards their control before calling a professional silverfish control in Ipswich. Here are some ways you can prevent these insects from entering your homes:
- Fix plumbing issues: Moisture in homes attracts these bugs, so make sure there aren’t any leaks in your homes. Repair leaky pipes or faucets and vents for proper air circulation. Since water is their main source of attraction, make sure you keep your house as dry as possible and maintain low humidity levels. Check that all containers are always kept dry and moisture-free.
- Clean up regularly, especially areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements where the silverfish thrive. Keep all food items stored in airtight containers or jars and seal all garbage cans tightly. Regular cleaning will ensure that there is no food source available for these insects around your home.
- Seal the cracks in your home walls and doors with silicone caulk or steel wool so that no insect enters your home through them. Close off any source of entry for these insects into your interiors and make sure you don’t have any cracks or holes left behind after sealing them up. Caulk gaps or holes around windows, doors, and baseboards.
Control of silverfish infestation can be achieved with these preventive measures. However, such measures may sometimes not be enough to get rid of these insects completely. In such cases, the only option left is to call a professional silverfish control in Ipswich to help you out.
Silverfish are quite a nuisance. Silverfish are the household pests that invade your home in search of food. Silverfish love to feed on wallpapers, photographs, paper products, and even clothes that contain starch.
If you leave silverfish unchecked for a long time, they will eat away at anything that contains cellulose. Hiring a team of experts on silverfish control in Ipswich like Savige Pest Control will ensure that these pests won’t consume any more of your precious belongings.
Even though silverfish are not considered dangerous to humans, they still need to be controlled at the earliest possible. When you discover a silverfish infestation in your home, you will want to hire a professional silverfish control in Ipswich to eliminate them.
Here are some reasons why you should hire experts on silverfish control in Ipswich:
- Experience – An expert on silverfish control in Ipswich such as Savige Pest Control has a lot of experience when it comes to dealing with pests like silverfish. Silverfish are one of the most annoying pests that can cause a lot of damage to your property. We have tools and techniques which will help you to remove the silverfish in no time. We have a proper solution for every pest problem, and you will get the best results if you choose to hire a skilled silverfish control in Ipswich rather than trying to remove them yourself.
- Efficiency – As a specialist in silverfish control in Ipswich, we are more efficient when it comes to removing the silverfish from your property. This is because we know how to use different tools and chemicals which can help eliminate these pests in no time. We also know where they are hiding and can target those areas so that they will not be able to come back again.
- Safety – Another reason to hire us, rather than doing it yourself, is that we have better safety measures in place than those of the average household or office.
We strive to keep your home free of silverfish, a pest that can do extensive damage to the properties you own. If you have any questions about our silverfish control in Ipswich, please contact us at a time that’s convenient for you.