Our buildings are ideal for ants because they provide shelter, food, warmth and water. You may see them in roof voids and subfloors, in your kitchen, along the edge of the building and in and around pet bowls.
Problems They Cause
- Spread disease – ants scavenge for food in garbage areas, dog excrement and other unsanitary areas and can carry these diseases back into your home
- Bite and Sting – some species of Ants such as Fire Ants can both bite and sting
- Trails and mounds – Ants are continually excavating and removing dirt and materials from under homes to build their mounds which can weaken the structures above and cause them to crack
Set up a guaranteed program to control ants in a building and to help reduce their populations in their surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems. It is not possible to completely eradicate ants in the grounds surrounding a building as this is determined by environmental factors such as sunlight, rain, contact with soil and the efficacy of the pesticides that are licensed for use in Australia.
- Inspect – we will carry out a survey and report our findings
- Bait – we will apply special bait which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is very safe for you and your children and pets. The bait is applied to out of reach places for your added peace of mind.
- Dust – we may apply dust to your roof void, subfloor and in your wall cavities.
- Surface Spray – we may apply a special surface spray which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is applied to the perimeter of your home or building.
How you can help
- Sanitation – you can reduce food and water available to Ants. One way you can help is to avoid keeping rubbish indoors overnight.
- Stock – ensure regular stock rotation and also inspect incoming food stock.
- Storage – ensure food is stored above the ground and clear of walls.
- Garbage – keep your garbage locked.